Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hopes Worth Trusting / Click To Donate

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Trust your hopes, not your fears.
David Mahoney

My hopes are simple and worth trusting; my fears are more complex, but much less apt to slow me down than they were during my hopeless years. I struggle to reach my hopes for this site, not because of what it will gain me, it is simply not about fame or green paper. I am driven by knowledge of intense pain and the soothing effect my words seem to have to ease the aches.
I began working as a nurses aide at nineteen. I quit at forty nine, only to continue with the most brutal task I had ever attempted. I accomplished one of the hardest things I will likely ever be called upon to do and I did it with steady hands. I looked into panic filled eyes and gave real comfort, putting my own needs in a less important place, because they were less important.
When my friend was killed by her abusive husband I made a promise. When my husband died I gained the time and energy to give to that endeavor. Every thing I write is aimed toward the walking wounded, because I know that wounds can heal with gentle tending. My nature is to sooth and give, not to hunger for a pile of money or a bright spotlight. If either comes to me naturally upon this road I travel I hope to make good use of them, but what I do comes from the soul, which has no need of such things to be satisfied.
I cannot go against my nature on this, no matter the cost. And I cannot make myself care over-much for things I have never had. Who is richer in the end, I wonder, the man with the most money or the one with silence of the soul. I gain by giving away. My whole life has led directly to this place. I trust my hopes soul-deep and fight my fears, bravely when it assists others to avoid or repair agony I have suffered alone.
I learned a valuable lesson, from someone very wise, just the other day. I used that lesson, last night, to soothe myself in ways never imagined when disappointment threatened to overcome me and slow me down. For that he has my eternal gratitude, for any bother I caused him, he has my deepest apology.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO DONATE
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR NEWS
http://www.deadlykatrina.com/
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR RECONNECTING WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3342298