Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dedication

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is an intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.
Dr. Thomas Dooley

I know this is true, I live it everyday. This is my exhilarating experience and what I get out of it is invaluable in the extreme. No words can really express the passion I feel toward this endeavor. Everyone should have a higher purpose and this is mine.
I received an email about the breast cancer site and the trouble they are having getting enough people to click on the free button to help pay for free monograms for poor women. I am a poor woman and lost a husband to cancer, so this is also something I care deeply about. It costs nothing but time. Just a few seconds that could save a life, seems a small enough price to me.
I will put the link under my title at least once a week from now on. I kept the email I received in my inbox, when I am going through my emails every day it is an easy thing to just click on the link, click on the button then move on to other things. Please use it here and share it with your family and friends.
A higher purpose is much better than simply plodding through life with low expectations or heaven forbid, no expectations at all. Our hands can be put to good use lifting each other up, in whatever way possible. Giving back, even a little, brings much more than it takes away. Few enough of us realize that, but I do. And anyone who bothers to come here and read what I write everyday knows it too. Click on the title for the breast cancer site, click on the pink button once there, its a easy huge step to lending a hand to your fellow man.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE