Friday, August 05, 2005

Be Timeless

TODAY'S QUOTE:
As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless.
Rodney Yee

Standing in the present and owning the moment gives a special flavor to the banquet of life. I have found a kind of agelessness, inside my orbit, from the knowing and staying true to self, whatever my age. I have never been good at math, numbers are very abstract things, attaching them to people can be misleading. I am fifty-one on paper. I am simply myself in reality.
Do not assign me a box to fit into; the days of manipulating myself to match a set pattern are far behind me. Walls crowd me in ways that inspire panic to be free, at the sound of the first brick being laid I soar away to open spaces. Do not crowd me with narrow ideas of who I must be, at fifty-one, just let me be and enjoy.
Know yourself, own your space, capture the moment before it slips away. Do not be a number. Acting your age is unnatural, if the age of your mind and soul do not match. That must be why it is called acting. Ponder the difference between acting your age and being naturally you then lose the labels without regret. I did!

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE