Tuesday, August 23, 2005

All Men Great And Small

TODAY'S QUOTE:
A great man calls attention to the good points in others; he does not call attention to their defects. A small man does just the opposite.
Confucius


I had the misfortune to be firmly under the feet of one who did nothing much, for twenty years, but belittle others to stand taller in his own sight. A bully is a hard burden to suffer year after year. Once I stood toe-to-toe, he adjusted his attitude to a more reasonable level and we got on very well. It was a bit like finding a treasure in a wasteland. We became true mates and best of friends. And I admired the strength he showed in admitting his wrongs, learning from them, and traveling past most of the debris they caused.
I lost him in mid flight from who he was to who he would have become, but he was a good man on the way to greatness and very brave to share all the demons that drove him to use fright as a way of controlling others. I loved him always, even when he was unlovable and I liked him too the last ten years, which is something I could not have said much during the first twenty. Life is an endless evolution on all levels and I feel honored that I witnessed his as I experienced my own. What size are you?

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE