Friday, July 08, 2005

What We Make

TODAY'S QUOTE:
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill British politician (1874 - 1965)

The making of a life is a sacred journey. It demands fire walking, dream catching, and demon wrestling, but the battle is well worth any agony to achieve the prize of a life worth the living. Trusting in yourself is vital to the formula, and may be the hardest thing that you are called upon to do.
I reshape and reevaluate myself constantly in a effort to more perfectly fit the dimensions a real life demands. Sometimes it is a mighty struggle to rid yourself of old habits that no longer fit the pattern, because what is comfortable and familiar is not easily abandoned to the unknown.
Human nature is the child, sometimes it gets its way. But I do not have ample time to let it rule every waking moment. The time I give here is well spent. All the building blocks used in the building of a life should be hand picked and this one certainly was. The emotion I invest here eases the ache inside me as I struggle on, and I hope gives others some comfort as well.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE