Thursday, July 07, 2005

Making A Difference

TODAY'S QUOTE:
There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life.
Sister Mary Rose McGeady

I have experienced the intense rush of joy that comes from easing someone else's agony. There is simply no feeling quite like it. Earth would be a paradise if people would try to change the world, gently one person at a time. Positive change that goes soul deep does not happen by negative means.
This morning I wished I could erase the pain of a whole nation as I watched another example of just how brutal humans can be toward one another. And it is always the innocent ordinary folks, just going about the business of living, who suffer the most. And it has been that way through out recorded history.
The earth is huge and tiny all at once now days. Our focus should be on the similarities we share, but it is all too often our differences that get all the attention. The chance to do good is so much greater now, but opportunities for evil have increased in equal measure My heart goes out to England and my prayers too.


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE