Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Trap Door

TODAY'S QUOTE:
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.
Paul Beatty

This quote tickled my funny bone, but I do not really wish to be in charge of who drops off stage. I fear I would judge some guilty that were not and excuse others who should drop quickly. I know that I would be much too slow, between thought and action, to be affective in such a position. Being a judge would take more wisdom than I have and more balls than I ever want to possess.
Judging without facts is so unfair. And bare facts say very little of what is true soul deep. Acting out can give a very different impression than what is really going on, so while others had their hand on the switch poised to flip it, I would still be looking for the reasons behind bad behavior.
I doubt anyone among us is truly capable of holding that switch with a clear conscience. My plan is to remain non-judgemental and watch closely where I stand upon the stage. Maybe if I keep my ears tuned and my feet in the right place I will avoid that sudden drop that we all dread.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE