Sunday, July 31, 2005

An Open Mind

TODAY'S QUOTE:
I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
Arthur Hays Sulzberger

The posts I have been doing are much shorter than when I first began, and lately they have been late getting done. I was overwhelmed with issues concerning the site, but have solved most of them the best way I could. I am caught up with posts after this one then I can turn my attention to other issues in my path.
This part of the mix is important, because it is the spark that started the fire. What I do here is for you, but it is also for me. I know that to let go of the past you first have to understand it and to face the future with any confidence you have to be master of all your demons. Some things I am a pro at practicing, others a novice still, so I benefit as much as anyone else from the words written here.
I have been doing a lot of one-on-one assisting of people lately. I use that time wisely as possible, opening my mind in a special way to touch another soul with a comfort they can really feel. It seems the more I practice this art of healing the stronger it gets, and as of now I have suffered no brain loss from the exercise of comfort that I practice. The fact is, I come away from each new contact with better understanding of both myself and my fellow man.
I do not pretend to have all the answers and I am really not anyone special in stature or education. But I care and know how to listen soul deep. Sometimes that is just the right thing to do. Any words I say are soul inspired. I have this gift for a reason and it certainly is not for myself alone. Sharing it with others broadens its scope and makes my pain a vehicle of healing for everyone it touches.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE