Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hard Work

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
Sam Ewing

A perfect world would assign each person the passion of their heart to work toward then reward each with a living sufficient to their needs. Toil for a purpose is not at all like work, feeling much more like honor than duty. To get paid for what you would do for free is a true measure of a joyful job.
Hard work is not an enemy. I have learned many valuable lessons about myself by the endless hours I have spent pursuing a dream that at times only I could see. I am far from done with the hard work that seems like my souls breath, and I will give it my all, without reservation or thought to what it will earn me.
When life demands of me that I do something else to afford the luxury of continuing with this endeavor I will roll up my sleeves and do what needs to be done. To be able to do what my heart desires I will do as the world demands and work for its good in any way necessary. Seen from that angle hard work is a privilege.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE