Thursday, June 30, 2005

The One Thing

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey, O Magazine, September 2003 US actress & television talk show host (1954 - )

This quote speaks loudly to my soul. I have understood the owning of moments, since my awakening 11years ago, but it takes more than just understanding of a concept to make it work for you. It takes practice, and wrestling with demons, as they attack to truly own the moments you inhabit.
The one thing you think you cannot do, for me at the moment is the website that was gifted then abandoned by the gifter. Agony has been the main emotion of late when I considered which way to proceed with this, because I simply have no choice but to struggle on. Walking away would cost too much, since every sane step I have taken in the past 11 years has led straight to this moment. Owning it means I must find a solution. And although I do not always do as I should, I always do as I must.
I had a brutal last week, but I survived and now it is time to thrive. (Today is July 5th.) I was knocked to my knees over and over again, but I am back on my feet big time and ready to throw caution to the wind. I have a plan of action firmly in mind. I have the nerve to implement it, and if the words I use are equal in power to the vision they describe the site will be more than safe from extinction, it will be everything my soul tells me it can be and more.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE