Sunday, June 05, 2005

Laugh Yourself Young

TODAY'S QUOTE:
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
Michael Pritchard

Laughter is a huge part of the formula for staying young inside, which transcends into agelessness. Humor helps keep everything in perspective. And glee is a perfect tool for balance. In my humble opinion, abandoning it due to age is asinine. When in your lifetime will you ever have more need of the pure joy that laughter brings?
Serious issues have their own time and place, but humor can reach anywhere, so should never be left behind. Have you ever noticed how even the most serious things have lighter sides when viewed from a distance? Humor feeds you, being ridged feeds upon you. I choose not to be eaten.
I would rather laugh than do most anything else. I am never unaware of other things, but use every opportunity to chuckle at a situation or at myself, if necessary. Dedication to keeping a positive outlook means that I am alert to the irony all around. And there is nothing quite as humorous as irony. I have had many occasions to use irony to soften the harshness of a mistake, and nothing works as well to sweeten a bitter moment.
There is a lot to be said for the old saying, Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, but cry and you cry alone. And I would much rather laugh with a crowd than cry in solitary. How about you?


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE