Friday, June 24, 2005

Beforehand Sleep

TODAY'S QUOTE:
It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward.
Baltasar Gracian

I try to give myself time for beforehand sleeping on life changing issues, acting in haste and regretting at leisure is no way for a sane person to conduct the business of living. I do not always succeed, but in life it is the trying that makes all the difference. Without the attempt for better we doom ourselves to what is.
I measure things by a different system than most, I guess. I want the pile of things changed for the better to reach a staggering height, while the tiresome things I accept as good enough shrinks to nothing. Just a bit of extra thought can make all the difference between which pile I add content to.
Change is a wonderful thing. Simplified it is like redecorating a room. You put thought into that, choosing paint and fabric with care after studying all choices. Whatever the final outcome, if done right, it will reflect your taste and comfort. It just seems to me that equal time and thought should be given to weightier issues. And beforehand sleeping is one valuable tool that can cut down on repairs needed later.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE