Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Three Nothings

TODAY'S QUOTE:
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
Elbert Hubbard US author (1856 - 1915)

None of us are above criticism, there is always someone who is all too happy to tell us how no good we are. But just because we are told that does not make it true. In fact people who criticize others are mostly just good at tearing things apart. If they were builders themselves they would be much too busy to pick apart what you erect.
To make yourself invisible, to stay safe from censure, robs the world of your touch. Shrinking your space to a small dark spot leaves all important things in hands other than your own. I would rather be criticized for something I tried to accomplish than ignored because I had nothing to give.
I have been very busy the last few days installing XP on this monster. I am back full force now and hope that some who read here did not think I forgot this special place and all who visit it. The three nothings do not live at Journey's End. The time in my life where the nothings controlled my actions are years behind me. I may not always do right, but I will never simply do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. And criticism will never stop me from doing my best, in fact it will spur me to try harder.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(DON'T QUIT)