Saturday, May 28, 2005

Intense Imaginings

TODAY'S QUOTE:
There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.
Sean O'Faolain Irish short story author (1900 - 1991)

Humans possess an ability to create an image of reality in their heads, a sort of preview function of the brain. I have been trained by life to 'flip the script' and take a peek at each imagining at its best and worst possible outcome. And I also know the correlation between drawing a picture in my head then transferring it to reality by measured deliberate actions.
Whatever limits we place on the intensity of our imaginings can affect the height and breath of their reality. When I gaze with wide eyes into my minds eye I try for a healthy balance, seeing too much can frighten, seeing too little can shrink desire. Whatever height I travel upward I venture the same distance downward, looking plainly at both. Rose colored glasses only muck up the view, and doom and gloom muddy the water. Set expectation ruin the recipe. Instinct is invaluable.
Reality is not always able to live up to the perceptions we erect inside the walls of our minds. Sometimes the image fades before we can grasp it tightly enough to begin the transformation. But every day I thank God that he gave me a mind that knows no limits to the intensity of its imaginings.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE