Saturday, May 07, 2005

Good judgment

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. Barry LePatner

I have exercised bad judgment enough to agree with this quote, but I also know the struggle to master the urges that drive bad judgments is an ongoing task. Just because I can write does not mean I possess some magic ability to function on a level above temptation. God like I am not, all too human describes me in a much more realistic fashion.
I try to do good things, think worthy thoughts, feel every emotion fully, utter words worth hearing, fix what is broken, and leave the rest alone. I leave judging to God. I leave gossip and criticism to those who deal in such things, showing by example that I am not into such petty endeavors. I leave ego behind in favor of self-awareness. I leave the past to reach the future.
I am ordinary, with a twist. I understand things, because while I was going through them I paid close attention, taking notes when able, taking note in any case. I am just a woman, but wherever you are, chances are I have been there. I am a better person than I was yesterday, but please do not expect a perfection from me that I have no power to deliver.
I have better judgment than I used to possess. In some areas I can rate it good, others less so. I do not seek to encourage people to be like me, but I do beg them to be themselves. I am more than a product of where I have been, I am also a reflection of where I am going. I am satisfied with where I am today, but it will not be where I will be satisfied to be tomorrow.
I think long thoughts, but know how to contemplate short ones too. I am a mix of profound thinker and court jester. I can be silent for long periods or chatter non stop. I listen and really hear. I am who I am, good judgment and bad. I am me and that makes up for all that I am not. The most valuable judgment I ever made, in my whole lifetime, was to judge myself worthy enough to deserve a life I could live with some measure of comfort.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO VISIT MY NEW SITE
IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE YET