Monday, April 18, 2005

The Twilight Zone

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

The twilight zone is a safe place, nothing much ever happens there. Anyone can live inside its shrunken boarders, rent free, just move in and vegetate. Working to make this world a better place never begins on that neighborhood watch. You will never wish upon a star from that location; the sky's the limit is down the road, a spell, and that is where the stars are kept.
The temperature is always luke warm, even a short visit will inspire impotency. Mostly cloudy is the most common weather condition. Sunglasses are obsolete, sunscreen is quite unnecessary. Joy and sorrow are only skin deep emotions. The only depth there is shallow. The landscape is generic and sterile.
That is simply no place I want to reside. I live in a place where touching other people is mandatory. Making things better is Journey's End creed and I carry it soul deep. I got the job I was seeking and will gladly give comfort to the elderly in whatever capacity that I am able. Tomorrow I call a local paper to see if anything here will convince them of their need of my words somewhere in each issue.
This journey is whatever you make of it. Make a difference, or move to the twilight zone, but do not anticipate a visit from me. My lifepath just does not head that direction, if yours does maybe a move is in order.


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE