Saturday, April 02, 2005

Staying Positive

TODAY'S QUOTE:
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

I have never thought about it from that angle before, but I am always happy to find another reason to feel positive. Nothing can wipe the smile off my face faster than someone who is determined to be irritable. But I make an effort to not allow a total shift in my mood, and this quote will give me a pretty solid reason to stay positive no matter what negative I face.
Arguing wastes energy and I just hate to do that. Problems usually have a solution that is easier than first imagined. Negative explosions use up strength better put to use on other things. And the thought that staying positive might annoy someone who is bent on annoying me is delightful to a mind that feeds on irony.
My hope is that next time I am on the verge of losing my cool I will retain it because of a quirky quote, if I cannot hold onto it for any other reason. And if I can get through the battlefield without an evil grin, or a wicked laugh I can claim the spoils of war without guilt. Fighting to control delight is much more pleasant than struggling to contain rage, remembering that ought to guarantee success.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE