Sunday, April 24, 2005

Facing Facts

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927English critic & novelist (1894 - 1963)

They sure don't, but wouldn't it be lovely if it were that simple. Many of us act as if it were so, acting and reacting are much easier than going toe-to-toe with adverse factual information. Failure to face things only gives a bad situation the fuel and time to grow to a larger size.
I know this by heart, but sometimes my mind rebels. At times it is quite overwhelming to realize that I have to face things solo, after 30 years with a sidekick. When the pile is too large I try to reason my way through it without despairing, and most times I succeed on the first attempt. But it can be a real bitch. If ignoring would work wouldn't it be lovely.
Rebuilding a life would be much easier and remodeling myself would be instant. But since ignoring things is not a possible solution, facing issues will continue to be my way. The speed at which I travel will vary, from snail slow to lightning quick, but it will always be the fastest that I can travel forward at that moment in time.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE