Saturday, April 23, 2005

Eye-balling Fear

TODAY'S QUOTE:
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

That idea in the back of your mind could be reality, except for fear. Sometimes we fear failure, at other times success. Fright is like quicksand, holding stationary then dragging under any human who treads within its reach. We are outnumbered, there are countless things to be afraid of, but they are outclassed because facing a fear makes it instantly harmless.
In a real way the torture of fearing is much more painful than the overcoming of it. I fear, but 40 years of giving into it was more than enough. I have no time to spare now. Fear will more often spur me on than stop me. The best way to control it is to wrestle the reins out of its sticky claws and drive yourself. Fear never got me anywhere I wanted to be. I bet you can say the same.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TILE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(THE ROAD TO TOMORROW)