Friday, March 11, 2005

Racing This Train

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers US humorist & showman (1879 - 1935)

In my life I have found that to be all too true. I keep moving forward, even when I would rather just sit and enjoy the view. New beginnings inspire an awareness of time wasted that propels me toward a brighter future with a determination to excel. I say new beginnings, because my rebirth was only the first step of an ongoing process. Resolving issues and learning new things has become a way of life for me. I suspect that it is the same for all who follow a like path. If this train runs me over it will have to struggle to catch me first. If I do not reach my dreams it will not be from lack of trying. No matter what happens, I get a lot of comfort from the fact that I will never be troubled with what if's. Should have, would have, or could have will not pester me in my old age, if I am gifted with one.
I have not turned from any opportunity that even hinted at a positive, no matter how frightened I was of the unknown, and have done my best to minimize the negatives I still possess. The more I practice the better I get, but I still have far to travel. I know I am on the right track, I hear the whistle blowing in the distance and the ground is rumbling under my feet. I will not just sit and watch others live, and let the train run me down. Everyone has the same capacity to be a train racer or a track sitter. Which are you?


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE