Monday, March 28, 2005

The Kingdom Of Self

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Not the senses I have but what I do with them is my kingdom. Helen Keller US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

We each have a kingdom. The size of this sacred realm is only limited by the vision of its ruler. The fact that Helen Keller realized that and found a way to tell us is mind boggling. I needed reminded of it today, which is why I was driven to place it on the calendar at the first of the month when I gathered these quotes. God's hand is everywhere. I just love the things in life that make me go hmmm.
I have been going through a lot of things lately that inspire high emotion and demand silent patience. Add to that mix a full moon, flavor it with computer frustration, and full-blown insanity is just a heartbeat away. Hey folks, I need these quotes as much as anyone, and I often reread my own words too, gently reminding myself of lessons learned or miles traveled.
Clearing my vision and revaluating my kingdom puts everything in perfect balance. After a long lingering gaze I take firm control of my throne and rule with confidence. Today was no exception. What follows are some things I decided after thinking about it and letting it grow.
High emotions are much better than no emotion at all, and the issues causing mine are all positive. Positive changes deserve and demand passion of an intensity hot enough to fuel the energy needed to implement them. Viewed in this light the emotions I am experiencing are equal to the job ahead of me. Wow!
Patience is my strong suit. What I am waiting for is well worth any wait necessary to see it well done. I have the tools, picking them up is a conscious decision. I knewwwww that!
I have no power over moon phases, but realizing its effect on me decreases its power to inspire even momentary insanity. What a relief!!
Computers are evil creatures, overflowing with demonic gremlins. Frustration is unavoidable unless you pull the plug and walk away. Not an option!
Clueless people will always try to kick you, one kick back is a knee jerk reaction, anything that follows is intentional. The energy needed for fool kicking is limitless, once begun it just goes on and on. I doubt a fool was ever convinced of anything by kicking so I will let my actions speak and leave my feet for moving forward. The verse that follows was inspired by all I decided this sunny day.

A MOUNTAIN BEFORE ME, A DESERT BEHIND,
EACH FOOTSTEP ECHOING THROUGH SPACE AND THROUGH TIME.
A BRIGHTER FUTURE BECKONS ME CLIMB, WHILE I MAY,
OR BE FOREVER SATISFIED WITH MY POSITION TODAY.
THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE