Monday, March 14, 2005

Keep The Faith

TODAY'S QUOTE:
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi Indian ascetic & nationalist leader (1869 - 1948)

Keeping the faith in the basic goodness of mankind is a necessity to true happiness. I have been hurt by the actions of certain people, but I never mistrust anyone without just cause. To burn the orchard because there are a few bad apples would be foolish. Faith works wonders. Believing the best can often inspire positive change, while believing the worst only invites negative behavior. It seems a no-brainer to choose between a possible positive and a certain negative.
I have lived through dark times, but I always look for the light in every situation and always search for the light in every person I encounter. And I have rarely been disappointed. When someone does not live up to the positive, knowing that I had no hand in making it happen by expecting it allows me to see it in better perspective. The baggage that I do not pack just does not belong to me.
Try believing the best of others and watch them try harder to live up to your faith. But first and foremost try having faith in yourself, spread your wings and soar. The heights that can be reached with the winds of belief to guide your flight is limitless. Keep the faith if you have it, create the faith if you lack it, and live it with the true happiness that comes from giving all of mankind the benefit of the doubt.


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE