Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Happiness Banquet

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
1959 Barbie, the popular girls' doll, debuted, over 800 million sold

DAILY QUOTE:
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. -Agnes Repplier, 1858-1950, American Author, SocialCritic

The measure of happiness a person experiences is a clear product of what they feed themselves and what they allow others to place on the plate they are eating off of. And even if another hand heaps things there, the fork is still in the hand of the eater. I like to think of life as a banquet, choice as the plate, and utensils equal determination to control what is ingested.
It simplifies things when I look at the big picture in a smaller way. If I were eating out and paying for my meal I certainly would not eat what could not be stomached. If something did not suit me I would not force myself to swallow. Just because love is felt for someone does not mean you are doomed to eat whatever nonsense they cook up for you. And depending on another person to fill your plate to suit your taste is not realistic.
THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE