Thursday, January 06, 2005

Passing Moments, Passing Ships

Some people are only in your life for a short time, then travel on, by desire or design. Today I was thinking about one such person, who has truly passed on, but in a real way she lives still in every footstep I take. We traveled a common path for a time, both abused, both hopeless, making us sisters of a sort.
I overcame it; it overcame her, but her shadow falls lovingly upon this site every time I post here. Her echo, all bright and forever young pushes me to pass out hope to the down hearted.
Every life line I toss is sturdy because I know the best possible outcome, and speedily offered, because I know the worst that can happen too. Like two sides of a fated coin, we stand together, my friendly shadow and I. I like to think she points the way sometimes to someone who has a desperate need to simply be understood.
Pay attention to the precious passing gift of even the briefest friendship. Each in its own way enriches your journey. And always try to remember that the richest yauht and the poorest raft have equal value if you are drowning in rough seas and need rescued.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(PASSING SHIPS)