Friday, January 21, 2005

The Fire Forged Me Strong

Bleak times have strengthened me solid enough to stand alone. Being the one, all too often leaned upon has made it almost impossible to rest easy upon anyone else. I value those hard lessons and thank God that I had them, or I would have been so very lost now.
But personal growth continues to lead me in an almost fated way, making all days, the bad as well as the good, seem more gift than curse. I step with the joy of someone who passed through the fire, lived through the burning, and sees the value of the testing. I passed. I surpassed survival, and went straight to living. Whatever I get I earned, whatever I suffer I use.
All negatives fuel me that much closer to a positive. The doubt of others only makes me more resolute to show them that I do not belong in a mold of their design. A portrait on glass, painted by other hands then held up to my face is not a mirror of who I am.
I find no pleasure in walking through fire, but I do not fear the flames. I thrive because I never become my misfortunes.
Things happen to everyone, controlling the height of the flames is rarely possible. But fire inspired growth forges a strength that really comes no other way. Knowing that makes fire walking a much easier thing to master.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(FRIENDLY OBSTACLES)