Thursday, December 30, 2004

Perfect Perspective

Well, today brought disappointment, but it also gifted me with the strength to put it quickly into perfect perspective. Plans have changed for New Year's Eve, but plans for the New Year are still intact and untouched by this minor bump in the road. My happiness comes from a place that does not depend on anyone else, so although I felt momentary sorrow, it passed quickly without leaving any debris behind to hinder my way.
To give it more importance than it deserves would be a total waste of energy. To rant and rave would not restore plans. To cry would only wash away any joy I could find in other things. To blame, even if there was someone or something to heap it upon is not my way of dealing; resentment is not my cup of tea. So I take reality and cherish it, letting all the things I possess inside myself be reason enough to celebrate no matter what happens that is outside of my control.
To be the best I can be means shouldering my disappointments with as much grace as possible. So family and friends, plus all others who visit Journeys End, I wish you as much joy in the New Year as I am feeling. For me 2005 looms bright with promise, not because of where I spend its beginning, but of how far I can travel by its ending.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVE