Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A Friends Touch

The gentle touch of a friend, whether physical or just the touch of their glance can keep you centered in ways nothing else can. When my husband was minutes away from the end of his journey I panicked internally in a big way, then glanced at a friend who had driven hundreds of miles to be by my side. What I saw in her eyes touched me soul deep and instantly quieted all chaotic thoughts.
I saw pride. She told me later when we were days past that moment in time, but I already knew. I could almost hear her soothing voice, and her belief in my ability to see tragedy through its darkest moment helped me and my whole family. I straightened up, and coped with a grace that I had for a moment forgotten I possessed, for her sake alone at first. But within seconds I owned it again for my sake alone. And my family watched and stayed strong because I did.
So touch your friends often and touch them well. When arms cannot caress let your eyes embrace. You never know when a gentle glance will make all the difference in the world to them and benefit all who gather near. My friend was proud of me and it showed. I lived up to her expectations, and surpassed my own. Without even lifting a finger Charity gave me a touch that will never leave me no matter how long I journey on.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(TOUCH MY HEART)