Thursday, October 14, 2004

Did You Ever?? I have!!!

Did you ever dry someones tears with your smile?
Did you ever whisper, while others shouted and watch them quiet themselves so they could hear you?...I HAVE!

Did you ever consider that once grown you are in complete charge of your life?
Did you ever consider that once you have children, for a time, you control their lives?
Did you ever feel, all at once the joy of being your own master, the terror of being theirs, and the hilarity of it all?
Did you ever worry about a system that allows you to be in charge of anything?....I HAVE!

Did you ever notice how often the things we hate in others are things we do ourselves?
Did you ever change your behavior and realize that you are no longer nearly as irritated by bad habits now that you no longer mirror them?...I HAVE!

Did you ever hear a certain song on the radio in the dead of winter that transports you to a summer day, long forgotten?...I HAVE!

Did you ever resent the time spent sleeping because slumber is so akin to unconsciousness?
Did you ever have to fight your mind quiet so your body could rest?
Did you ever feel instant excitement upon awakening, as thoughts of lifes wonder fly free once more inside your head?...I HAVE!

Did you ever consider the cost of any actions commited out of spite?
Did you ever calculate the hours you will spend in misery that could have avoided by acting differently? The gain should be greater than the loss for the action to be worth any consideration.
Did you ever take your lumps proudly, knowing the punishment was worth the pain because the act gained more than the punishment took back?...I HAVE!

Did you ever notice how often someone without a smile will try to steal yours?
Did you ever feel like a sponge, soaking up the bad mood of others?
Did you ever spit the poison out, reclaim your space, and walk away whistling happily, unwilling to share space with anyone bent on stealing your delight?...I HAVE!

Did you ever wonder why you even try when others so often dont give a shit?
Did you ever see a perfect solution laying untouched, behind someone elses stubborn inability to share your vision for success?
Did you ever realize that you have come much too far to ever turn back?...I HAVE!

Did you ever notice how even a homely woman looks pretty when she is happy, or how even a pretty woman looks homely when she is not?...I HAVE!


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE

This will be added to daily until I post all I have written so far, then as necessary as they occure to me. I will post all new notions at the top for the convience of my readers.