Thursday, July 13, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"Calmness is the cradle of power."
Josiah Gilbert Holland

The ability to stay calm no matter what you are facing is very hard to master. With me it is an ongoing battle, sometimes I win... sometimes not, but I always try my best to not add to the insanity around me with any of my own. I have noticed that when I keep my balance it seems to help others retain theirs.
Doing it for the peace of the majority is a good reason to exercise it when I am tempted to unravel. When no other excuse is handy, I use that one as encouragement. Panic only adds fuel to any blaze; it is much easier to smother the flames with a peaceful attitude than it is to stop, drop, and roll once you are on fire.
The power of calm touches those closest to you in the most soothing way. It eases even the most brutal of worries in our lifetimes. When my husband was dying he was much less tormented by fear when I was cheerful and happy. A lot of the time it was an act for his benefit, but it was a small price to pay to see him relax inside the serene setting I created. Adding to his terror... by sharing my own would have been unfair, since there was nothing he could do to ease mine.
Being as calm as possible makes solutions easier to sort out. It inspires hope in even the most hopeless situations. Life takes its toll on each of us, giving it more than it demands is foolhardy. Using the power of serenity as fuel will get you through most anything. Panic only makes us run in tight circles, when the fastest way through the darkness is a straight shot toward the light.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT