Tuesday, June 20, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change."
Jim Rohn

This is a scary thought, because it's so incredibly true. A person must continue to grow and change or we simply exist in a kind of zombie state of mind. We all seek escape from things, but the most certain and lasting freedom comes from facing the things that are inspiring our need to get away. If you're weary of the urge for flight then the only solution is to stand and fight.

Ignoring something does not make it invisible. The truth is that the longer you avoid facing something the larger it grows. It feeds on the fear it produces, and flashes into mind just enough to keep you irritated. I've come to accept the fact that if a worry is thought of even one time, I better solve it or get used to hearing it again and again. Sometimes the only solution is acceptance of a bitter fact, but until it's faced there's no way to get any peace of mind.

I've been knocked down more times than I can calculate, but so far I've gotten up one more time than I have hit the dirt. Hell, to just lay there means the other guy wins. I demand the right to fight on. The experience of being hyper aware of what goes on inside of me during any crisis has given me a clear understanding of my strengths. I know with certainty that nothing on earth will ever make me hopeless enough to just turn belly up in surrender.

Change is brutal sometimes, but if the alterations are positive the final fit is flawless. It does not happen overnight, which takes the pressure of time out of the endeavor. Your rate of speed matters hardly at all, if it's forward motion. The road to change has the most marvelous people on it, so finding someone to walk beside is a simple matter. When your soul sings in perfect harmony with a fellow traveler then the journey gets much easier.

Those who walk together as one should view it as a blessing and take comfort from its unconditional qualities. Sometimes the support of another walking wounded warrior is all we've got to hold onto. By combining our strength we always have enough to equal whatever's needed for any task. Linking arms with someone who's traveling the same path makes any obstacle surmountable. You never have to travel alone, unless that's your preference. If you've got a need and can't find anyone in your circle that'll adjust their pace to accommodate your speed just give me a holler and I'll be honored to stroll by your side for as long as it's necessary to reach safer ground.
  
THINK ABOUT IT... LET IT RIDE...THEN YOU DECIDE!!!

© GLENDA ALEXANDER