Wednesday, April 12, 2006

No Use Fighting Fact

TODAY'S QUOTE:
There is no good in arguing with the inevitable. The only argument available with an east wind is to put on your overcoat.
James Russell Lowell, 1819-1891, American Poet/Critic/Satirist

The things that cannot be changed should not be struggled against, but some people never fully come to terms with any unhappy fact. Adjusting to whatever it is, in whatever way possible, has to be a conscious decision or it just never occurs. Acceptance puts us right in the path of altering the things that we can, which improves our quality of life... But acceptance is a voluntary response.
When I come upon an inevitable obstacle I certainly react, I just do my best not to over-react. Once it is clear that its shape cannot be altered by anything I do there is no sense in standing with my nose up against it, moving on somehow is the only way to get anywhere.
I do not simply forget that such things exist; acting as if my world was trouble free would be foolish indeed, yet I do act as if I am more than the troubles I run into. The things you give space to in your mind only grow in importance. I may notice them out of the corner of my eye or see their shadow reaching in my direction, but I also see the rest of the landscape and the sunbeams lighting the path are much more breathtaking in contrast, so I concentrate upon them. I just refuse to be led by dread!

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT