Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Hard Path

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Following the course of least resistance makes for crooked rivers and crooked men.
Lanny Henninger

The easy way often leads to places a bit dark for my taste. Most landscapes along those roads are shadowed by dishonesty. Some are lined with sad memorials of those wounded or destroyed to make the path smoother or quicker to a destination that could have been reached, by gentler means.
I have not always walked the right path, and there have been many detours along the way. Some wrong turns have been my own doing, others were taken by mistake or by believing some well-placed misinformation. Whatever the reason, directing my steps back toward where they should have been left firmly placed all along is my responsibility.
I hope in time to be rock solid in my ability to avoid being easily sidetracked. I will do my best to have a purpose behind as many footsteps as I can possibly manage. What is the sense in getting somewhere and being so defensive about the transportation used to get there that it steals the joy of your arrival.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT