Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Soul Warmth

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.
Source Unknown

Soul heat warms from the inside out. When we radiate it outward toward others it is always an intense exchange. The type of love determines its expression, and its size dictates the strength but even the smallest amount is powerful. This world can seem such a cold place, so every degree of warmth given or received is precious fuel.
Love is the heat that heals. The more you give the more you possess. The less conditions put upon its use the better it heats the ones it touches. There is nothing quite as comforting as love when you least deserve it, and the ones who love you in an unconditional fashion make you want to become more lovable.
But, do not think that I believe that once you love someone, you are stuck with them no matter what they do to you or others. I know that loving is something you need to give yourself first, so that allowing someone access to abuse is impossible. Love you have to beg for is not worth the effort, because there is nothing quite as chilling to the soul as empty words with no real emotion behind them.
Finding the true balance is difficult, but certainly not impossible. I am paying a lot more attention to how love makes me feel than I used to. This quote will help with clarity if I am ever in doubt again. If I am not warmed by it then there is a limit to the amount of fuel I will use to keep the fire burning. If I am warmed then there is no limit necessary.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE