Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Never Miss An Opportunity

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it.
Source Unknown

There are moments in every lifetime that we want nothing more than to be left alone. Sometimes it is due to a need to regain our balance, at others it is a need to maintain it that inspires our retreat. We travel as far from hurt or the possibility of it in self defense. Most times we do not intend hurt to anyone; all we seek is peace within our three square feet of personal space. I understand this all too well in all its many forms and fashions, having had occasion to periodically play the role of avoider or avoided to regain my footing or allow someone else to do the same.
I do not take offence and give whatever space is necessary for their repair. A time may come when reconnecting is possible or it may not, depending upon the parties involved. I never close a door completely and locking someone out is not in my nature although I draw boundaries when necessary.
I cannot fault someone else for needing space when I often have a similar need myself. I cannot resent or hate anyone for trying to protect their peace of mind. How can I walk away when I love someone but realize that my presence in their space is painful? It is not an easy task. Love does not simply disappear because it is not endlessly voiced. Silent acknowledgement of its value can best be given by respecting their wishes. Loving from afar is much better than face-to-face indifference, which is often all you get if you force yourself into places where you are not invited.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO VISIT FINANCIAL FREEDOMS OF AMERICA