Monday, December 12, 2005

Which Are You?


TODAY'S QUOTE:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
Thomas Szasz
The Second Sin (1973) "Personal Conduct"


I have never been stupid in that fashion, naive from time to time, certainly; but mostly I have the wisdom to forgive while learning a lesson I will not forget, so that I can avoid the same pitfalls in the future. I do not make it a habit of reminding the offender over and over of their wrong. That just seems too much like whining to me.
I play backgammon with a bit of skill, but every loss teaches me something I was not aware of before. I practice often, because wisdom is an art that takes much practice and a lot of patience to master. Life is not a game, but some of the same rules do apply.
When the dice roll to a stop what you get is of some importance. But what you do with whatever numbers you end up with influences the outcome more than most of us imagine. If you can remember to look past the moment and anticipate what must be done so that you are positioned in a way that gives you the most options for success then success is much easier. But you have to care enough about where you will end up to move in the strongest fashion possible to get there.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE