Saturday, December 10, 2005

One Small Difference After Another

TODAY'S QUOTE:
I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people who are convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another.
Ellen Goodman American journalist

Any steps taken for the advancement of someone else become suspect to me if the giver keeps replaying their role to the masses like a public ad aimed toward eventual sainthood. Peacocks are beautiful, but if you have ever heard one when it is puffed up with ego then you will understand the analogy without much trouble.
My aim here is to help as many as possible and if I am busy holding one up for public view countless other chances to assist will surly pass on by while I am distracted. What I love to do best is plant a seed, water it well then stand back and watch it bloom inside a garden that I was invited into. I learned long ago that I can talk until I turn blue faced to someone who has done nothing to clear the weeds and till the ground and my breath is just hot air that will only add to global warming, and not aide in self restoring. A fallow field grows nothing except weeds and bramble of disorder and drama.
I do not struggle here to puff myself up, but to convince others that they are more than they imagine. People walk through life in a daze, never understanding how wonderful they are or how powerfilled. But when you think about it if you do not realize you possess something it is impossible to utilize it. Gain ground, be more and once that is conquered, be more once more. Let growth be an never ending process and becoming more than you are today will come as second nature.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE