Sunday, November 06, 2005

Wise Doubt

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Doubt is often the beginning of wisdom.
Dr. M. Scott Peck (b. 1936)

Doubt produces questions that pester the brain into demanding answers, which inspires knowledge and gains wisdom. There have been times that doubt kept me from making a mistake. But there have also been times when doubt has kept me from moving forward, finding a balance is necessary or you end up being ruled by a skeptic.
Believing nothing is equally as tragic an outlook as believing everything. I believe first then if doubt comes I usually manage to look at it more objectively than I would if I simply handed it out beforehand. Most of my runaway emotions are produced by doubt. And I hate to be a slave to negatives like doubt and the fear it inspires. Some may think me naive. But I would rather rest in belief than wallow in doubt.
I get disappointed, from time to time, but never in myself. The time I suffer is shortened by the fact that it is another persons baggage and not my own to carry. If I view you as trustworthy then give you my trust and you violate it I am not the guilty party and if I travel on a bit wiser, all the better.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR SEX OFFENDER MAP (USA)