Friday, November 04, 2005

A Spectators Life

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Life is not a spectator sport. . . . If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life.
Jackie Robinson

Life is meant to be savored, like a fancy meal, but all too often we eat whatever we are served without realizing we hold the only menu that matters. The first forty years I chocked down some nasty things, but nowadays I am pickier about what I swallow. And I give every dish a fair taste, before deciding.
I spend vast amounts of time sitting between two desks that are just inches apart. Some people would and do view that as not being involved in things. But I know differently. What I do here is my lifes work. Their opinion changes nothing on my menu. How could it when I have proof that what I do here has changed the quality of many lives. And it promises to keep on doing so as long as I do not fold under the pressure, which I would never do.
Each desk holds a different computer, this one reaches out into the world, the other reaches inside myself. I am not walled off from anyone who reaches me through this one, or anyone who visits this room. And when I venture out I am never ignored as not worthy of attention. For now I am somewhat stationary, due to commitments of motherhood, but that will change in time. Until I can fly free, I will fly where I am able, soaring higher on every new adventure I take.
I will happen to life as often as possible, not satisfied to simply wait for it to happen to me. And for the ones who think that I waste my time, not really doing much they should look again. In every way that matters this is my office. In every way that matters this is a meal worthy of savoring.
Let the ones who do not understand try to write a novel. Even a badly written one takes commitment and determination beyond the norm. And I have three of them and the images of many more filed away in a safe spot deep inside of me. Let the ones who are clueless sit and write about a new subject daily. Let the ones who have never journeyed soul deep try to direct their energy to the good of all they touch.
Do not be satisfied to be a spectator, but if you do sit and take in what goes on around you, look past the obvious. See deep, feel deep, live deep, and you will be involved wherever you are.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
Click on the post title and visit this website. It's called family watch dog for the us, and it really works. I will be putting it up every day for awhile, but I would suggest that you save it to favorites if you have children. This is scary but good to know. Pass it on to anyone with kids. Let your friends and family know about this website, it's pretty scary!
Okay, here's the deal... go to this link and near the bottom left, it has a "Click Here" button... click on it and enter your address... it will show a "house", that's yours... all the little colored boxes are Sex Offenders... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his crime... pretty amazing and scary... it shows you where they live in proximity to your home and the local schools.