Friday, October 07, 2005

The Average Man

TODAY'S QUOTE:
The average man, who does not know what to do with his life, wants another one which will last forever.
Anatole France French novelist (1844 - 1924)

I suppose average is a term that does not apply here, because I never have wished for another life, but I do hunger for this one to be full. It would seem petty to ask for more, if I constantly wasted the one I already possess. In this I am proud to be above the average.
Soul-dreams lead me toward a reality that shifts in an ever growing pattern, like a kaleidoscope of intense colors never even imagined before. I ache to reach peaceful shores, even though I realize the getting there will be anything but peaceful. The grasping of one thing, requires the letting go of another. New beginnings demand the ending of old tired things, better ended, yet familiar and safe in their own way.
I want to use my time to grow strong enough not to require grasping onto anything of this world besides the power inside myself. I know what I want to do, but often fumble with the how to get it done. Learning the how is a worthy pastime for any life worth having and if done well will be more rewarding than anything handed to me. I plan on being much too busy living this lifetime to wonder, even for a moment, about acquiring another.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE