Thursday, September 15, 2005

Just For Fun / Click To Donate

TODAY'S QUOTE:
And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Homer Simpson

Education teaches us new things, but one of the most valuable lessons is just how much we still need to learn, to know much of anything. I pick and choose what I allow inside my head, because of limited space and lost time, so I can relate to Homer's frustration. What is allowed in, passes through a strainer, letting all unnecessary information drain out to make room for the next serving of knowledge.
I think education that points out how clueless you really are, encourages most of us to never stop learning. I have a healthy fear of waking up tomorrow just as uneducated as I was yesterday, so I use today's to fill in any blank spaces with new knowledge of some kind, worth the knowing.
Some things, we learn from books. But some of the most enlightening things come from connecting with people who are sent to teach us life lessons we could not learn any other way. Reason people are like gifts, acting as private tutors; if the connection is intense enough both learn and grow from it, each expanding in a unique way.
Never stop learning, to close your mind to knowledge is a short road to noplace. The humans that no longer feel the urge to know more, settle for the wisdom they already possess. And for some that is a feeble crop. Grow a garden in your mind, plant it with things that enlighten and amuse. Your brain is a miracle, celebrate it.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO DONATE
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR KATRINA NEWS