Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Give Till It Hurts---CLICK THIS TO DONATE

TODAY'S QUOTE:
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. And swing!
Leo Buscaglia

The tragedy of Katrina is only beginning, damage done to home and hearth is the least of this brutal catastrophe. I have watched coverage hour after hour, as if by seeing them they can somehow feel my concern. My strongest emotion, besides horror and grief is a mighty frustration that is clearly evident in every voice I hear.
I look around and feel guilty for being comfortable when so many of my country men are suffering in ways I can only imagine. I eat while they starve. I have a roof over-head and a dry bed, and they have water where ground and pavement should be in a world where destruction is evident no matter what direction they turn.
I am poor too. If I had been in their location, I would be one of the ones still there. Once again the poor and infirm are charged the highest price for survival. Empathy ignited a flame, and every news update fans its height. Once the fuse was lit action of some kind was mandatory.
I did the only thing I am capable of doing. I donated $100.00 to the Red Cross, giving till it hurt, because to do less would be criminal. The aching I feel is just as sharp and jagged as before I left the Red Cross website, but I take some comfort from knowing that I did not sit idle in my safe home and let prayers be the only thing I gave.
I hope you can hear the echoes of their cries, as I do. I hope you give till it hurts. I hope you reach out a helping hand before you bow your head and add your prayers to mine. I hope!!!

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO GO TO
RED CROSS DONATION FORM
THEN GIVE TILL IT HURTS