Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Building Confidence

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst. Never make a move if you are merely optimistic. The Zurich Axioms

By nature I am an optimist, but since I also know how to face whatever I must, agreeing with this quote is a no-brainer. I have always been an optimist. But I was not always confident. Before I learned to value myself, I was a mouse who did every thing I could to apologize for taking up space.
I am a mouse no more. My awakening demanded that I take responsibility for the space I owned. I stopped saying sorry by word or deed for things that were not my own sorrows. Standing toe-to-toe with tragedy has given me enough practice to feel comfortable with using confidence as a tool to make travel easier.
Confidence makes strides firmer. Belief in self gives a sense of security; no matter what happens, if you stay true to self, it will all work itself out in the end. And self assurance changes how others approach you. If a weakness is noticed there is always someone all too glad to wound you. But if you stand tall it makes your almost bulletproof.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE