Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Being Level

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
Walter Anderson

Living a lie is hard enough when someone else is making us do it without our knowledge or consent, but when we lie to ourselves it is much worse. I learned both those things at around the same time. I do not suffer liars now and I start with myself. I face my truths first and foremost, because if I cannot be honest with myself then I cannot in good conscience censure anyone else for same shortcomings.
I have learned that it is just the first step to admit a truth to yourself. Once that is done it is just as important to look at the reasons the lie began in the first place. Understanding that is the first step to forgiving yourself for whatever you must to get on with a life rooted in truth. Thoughts are outgrown like clothes well worn, yet we often hang onto them for too long. We get too comfortable in our surroundings, even if they are not ideal it often seems better than facing uncertainty.
There has been a wonderful inner expansion going on at this site. Some members are setting up help pages of their own, with the blogs provided with membership, for the areas in which they live. I plan to have a special page added here for easy viewing by location. Anyone who would be willing to do one for the state, country, or portion of either that they inhabit please get in touch with me. It costs nothing, but the time it takes to gather information and place it there. I am available to lead anyone who does not know how to blog. Please think about helping. I have a vision of one central location where helping hands around the world are joined in one place. I can never realize this vision without the help of others.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE