Tuesday, March 01, 2005

George's Email----Love Means:

A girl and guy were speeding over 100 mph on the road..
Girl: Slow down. I'm scared.
Guy: No this is fun.
Girl: No its not. Please, its too scary!
Guy: Then tell me you love me.
Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!
Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.
Girl: hugs him*
Guy: Can you take my helmet off and put it on? It's bugging me.

In the paper the next day: A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of break failure. Two people were on it, but only one survived.
The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his breaks were not working, but he didn't want to let the girl know.
Instead, he had her say she loved him and felt her hug one last time, then had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die
No one really knows what tomorrow holds in store for you.
You might not live to see the next day.
And sometimes you have to tell someone something, but run out of time.
So take five minutes out of your time to tell someone you love them, because you really never know if this is the last day of your life.

Thank you for the above email George! It is a good reminder of something we should all think about. I always make sure the last words I say to anyone I love are, "Love You". It did not take long for me to make it a habit once Jerry became ill. Its a wonderful thing to utter those words, but it is also a blessing to hear, "I love you too" echoing back in reply. But I do not just end there in my quest to use my time wisely. I say what needs said as it occurs to me, partly to make sure it gets said, but more for my own comfort.
I carried so much for so long that I do not willingly carry what I can give away. Things in my mind that belong to someone else take up valuable space. Words left unsaid clutter up my brain, nudging me to rethink them at regular intervals. I have too much to do to allow avoidable distractions to pester at my thought patterns when they could be busy with dream catching.
Pleasant words given away are like brightly wrapped gifts that both can get pleasure out of. Why put off a pleasure? Not so pleasant words make me uneasy to carry around, and I bet they make you feel the same way. I pass them on as quickly as possible and as gently. Why prolong uneasiness?


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE