Thursday, November 11, 2004

Know Yourself And Love Who You Are

Before I knew who I was, I tried to be what the people I loved needed me to be. I struggled daily to fit a mold that would please others as a way to recieve love. That plan failed miserably, but for the first 40 years of my life, I just kept trying as if at first you do not succeed try, try again was the secret to final success.
Then I woke up to the fact that if I did not know and love myself how could I expect others to do the same. After that everything tumbled into place. It was not a painless journey, but well worth every ache suffered along the way to rediscovery and rebirth.
Once done all the love I had struggled to earn by compliance was mine for the taking just because of who I was, not because I earned it by being a perfect paperdoll cut out of who I imagined they wanted me to be. And sometimes I have been lucky enough to be loved in spite of myself too.
Unconditional love came to me freely only after I gifted it to myself first. Now I dont play a role to get a place in the hearts of others. Today I am who I am with pride. Tomorrow I will be the same, although I will continue to grow. Being a work in progress is an exciting, awesome thing to be.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE (ME FIRST)